WHAT WHAT TYPE of ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT NEEDS TO BE PAT TESTED?
All electrical equipment including hand held/movable and stationary equipment should be fully tested in accordance with the IET Code of Practice for the In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment. This can include:
- Office equipment such as desktop computers, laptops, monitors, printers, shredders, laminators, projectors, fax machines.
- Standard electrical equipment like chargers, kettles, washing machines, fridges, fans, microwaves, lamps, heaters, vacuums, CCTV system, Radio, TV and other devices.
Our portable appliance testing service
- We will first carry out a Health and Safety Risk Assessment to ensure that portable appliance testing is completed safely, with no risk to you.
- All our electrical safety test operatives are fully qualified and have photo ID for your peace of mind.
- Your electrical equipment will be fully tested in accordance with the IET Code of Practice for the In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment (4th Edition).
- As PAT testing is carried out each item of equipment will be given a unique number and will be tagged with a laminated colour coded label for easy identification.
- You will receive a detailed failure sheet on completion of works for any electrical equipment that falls below the required standard, so that you can make the best decision regarding any remedial work.
- We offer free minor remedial work, including plug top changes and re-terminations for 13amp plugs and fuse changes where applicable.
- You will be provided with a free comprehensive report including full PAT test results.
- You can access your safety and compliance testing reports through our online portal.
- Our portable appliance service includes a dedicated PAT office providing you with technical support related to our testing of your portable appliances.
- We will contact you prior to the anniversary of your testing date to discuss your requirements for the next test, helping you to remain compliant with safety regulations.